Here in America it’s election day and most of us want to curl into a ball (after we vote of course), barely able to peek out at the TV to see how it’s going. Much better to celebrate Diwali, the Hindu Festival of Light.
Candles, sparklers, and all sorts of lights glow to celebrate Rama’s victory over evil demons.
Diwali symbolizes the spiritual victory of light over darkness, good over evil and knowledge over ignorance.
There couldn’t be a better message. Clean and renovate your home and office for the five day celebration, don your finest clothes, prepare fireworks and feasts, and reach out to everyone you know from the Hindu and Jain diaspora.
Naturally, I think every celebration should include books 😉 There’s always time for a short story. Check out my short reads on Amazon – on Kindle Unlimited and KOLL too.
Three Fantastic Tales 5 stars
- Burritos and his daughter’s birthday party keep a computer developer from his artificial intelligence project, but he’ll never succeed without them.
- A painter ensnared in his master’s Renaissance studio discovers a deadly escape.
- For this micro spaceship, one of hundreds crossing interstellar space to search for life, sacrifice is part of the mission.
Dragon Bones, a Fantastic Tale 5 stars
- Two desperate brothers find misery in California’s Gold Rush until a Chinese doctor promises them riches. They should have asked, at what price?
Two Fantastic Tale 4 stars
- A trio of physics students find that theory is safer than practice.
- A lonely woman on a deadly mission receives a second chance, if she can seize it before it’s too late.