Thanksgiving arrives tomorrow in the USA. Join us. That goes for our friends to the north too. Canadian Thanksgiving is long past, but who can resist another turkey?
Being a Thursday holiday, Thanksgiving leads into a long weekend for many Americans, and the Friday after is sometimes called Family Day rather than Black Friday, to get away from all the consumerism. That’s important because Thanksgiving has come to mean More Food Than We Can Eat, so Friday and the rest of the weekend it’s sandwiches made from turkey, stuffing, cranberry jelly, pieces of toasted marshmallow, and anything else in the fridge.
The holidays are definitely heating up with Christmas only a month away.
But on Thursday, eat, relax, argue politics with your relatives, and watch too-much football. Then take a brisk walk in the autumn air. There’s a piece of pie waiting for you when you return.
In between football and leftovers, make time for a short story, or two, or more. Check out my short reads on Amazon – on Kindle Unlimited and KOLL too. Please leave a review! A sentence or two is all it takes to help other readers find me. Thanks.
- Burritos and his daughter’s birthday party keep a computer developer from his artificial intelligence project, but he’ll never succeed without them.
- A painter ensnared in his master’s Renaissance studio discovers a deadly escape.
- For this micro spaceship, one of hundreds crossing interstellar space to search for life, sacrifice is part of the mission.
- Two desperate brothers find misery in California’s Gold Rush until a Chinese doctor promises them riches. They should have asked, at what price?
- A trio of physics students find that theory is safer than practice.
- A lonely woman on a deadly mission receives a second chance, if she can seize it before it’s too late.